AIA Continuing Education
Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies, Inc. is an AIA Passport partner, supporting the AIA Continuing Education program. We currently offer our CEU course as a distance learning or face-to-face continuing education course. If you are interested in scheduling an in-person presentation, please contact MoistureShield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Composite Decking and Sustainable Design
This course consists of a presentation in a PDF format followed by a brief test and offers an in-depth look at the physical characteristics of composite decking and green building benefits that promote sustainable designs. This course qualifies for 1 HSW (health, safety, welfare) learning unit hour from the American Institute of Architects.
Topics will include:
- Manufacturing process of composite decking
- Green building attributes of composite decking
- Aesthetics and design applications
- Installation and maintenance of composite decking
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate how composite decking manufacturing techniques affect the material's performance and environmental attributes
- Discuss the physical characteristics of composite decking compared to traditional wood decking
- Describe the green building benefits of composite decking and ways it can contribute to green building ratings for both residential and commercial spaces
- Explain what composite decking options and accessories are available to help design attractive, long lasting decks, docks, walkways and other surfaces